Sitdown Menu for Parties or Events
- Seared scallops, compressed pumpkin, pumpkin puree, crispy bacon, lemon oil.
- Green risotto, grilled prawn, fennel and saffron.
- Triple cooked pork belly, rainbow chard and snow peas, caramelised parsnip puree.
- Cheese soufflé, beetroot textures, macadamia.
- Duck breast mi-cuit, pickled onion, soubise, fennel and fronds.
- Lamb chops, grilled cos, white bean puree and salsa, anchovies.
- Pate champagne, pear chutney, candied fennel, frizze, olive twirl.
- Slow cooked lamb rump, whipped Jerusalem artichoke, leeks fondue, crispy
- Roast leg of lamb, cumin coriander and sumac, caramelised shallots, burnt eggplant puree, roasted bell peppers, smoked labna.
- Lamb massaman curry, bacon fried rice, Thai basil, chilli and peanuts.
- Fillet steak, ox tail croquette, seasonal veg, field mushroom, rubochon herbs, spring onion puree.
- Roasted porterhouse, duck fat kipfler potatoes, pancetta, peas & béarnaise sauce.
- Pork chop, crackling, caraway braised cabbage, bacon batons, crispy ears, verjuice burre blanc.
- Masterstock pork belly, pickled radish, kimchi braised napa cabbage, cauliflower puree, plum sauce.
- Cured salmon, pearl barley, skinned tomatoes, wilted greens and sherry vinegar, burnt butter.
- Local snapper, corn puree, chorizo, tomato, kipfler and broad salsa, burnt butter.
- Confit duck legs, burghal wheat, parsnip and white choc puree, raspberries, corn puree, mix seeds & figs.
- Miso glazed poussin chicken, garlic and soy bok choy, grilled lemon, Asian herbs.
- Veal and sage tortellini, confit shallots, grilled baby leeks, pumpkin puree, parmesan.
- Pan fried gnocchi, goat cheese, burnt butter, zucchini and squash, pumpkin puree, flaked almonds, sorrel.
- Fragrant Veg Thai green curry, kaffir lime and lemongrass flavoured rice, crispy shallots.
- Eton mess- lemon curd, coulis, biscuit soil, meringue, crème chantilly, summer berries.
- Chocolate Marquise, chocolate soil, caramel popcorn, raspberries, twirl.
- Pavlova, pistachio cream, fresh fruits, seasonal berries and coulis, floss.
- Coconut Panacotta, compressed watermelon and pineapple, coconut jelly, glazed mandarin, coconut chantilly, lime.
- Tiramisu- saviordi biscuit, coffee cream, vanilla mascarpone.
- Iceberg, roquette, edamame beans, cherry tomatoes, herbs, miso dressing.
- Garden salad with grilled zucchini, sautéed mushrooms, herbs, French vinaigrette.
- Ceaser salad, bacon batons, butter croutons, egg, parmesan.
- Red oak, frizze, shaved fennel, red radish, zucchini ribbons, shaved pecorino.
- Charred broccoli, Quinoa, pomegranate, pepitas, roast pumpkin, pickled onions, parsley, sour cream.
- Kale, red and white quinoa, broccoli florets, orange, kohlrabi, pickled onions, honey and red wine vinaigrette.
- Triple cooked fat chips, aioli.
Triple Brie, local aged cheddar, gippsland blue, Fresh & dried fruits, chutney, nuts, crackers
Minimum 10 People
All packages are served with crusty artisan bread and butter and a salad of your choice
2 Course menu $50 + GST
3 course menu $60 + GST
Add Fromage to finish you meal for $10
The above plated sit down menu can also be used as a sharing menu for intimate family style dining, served on platters for your guests to share and pass around. If you would like to use the above menu as shared menu please get in touch with us. Email – email@example.com Phone -03 99961655.
Why Sit-Down Dinners Will Always Be a Favourite one
Nothing says, “timeless tradition” like a sit-down dinner for a wedding reception service or for a corporate event. This choice still reigns as one of the most time-honoured traditions for event planning and hosting. From understated and elegant to extraordinary and extravagant, here are some things we love about sit-down meals — and how we here at Big Flavours Catering can help you create the dinner of your dreams!
Why We Love “Real Meal” Events
Although many trends — from rental food trucks to make-your-own snack bars — are making waves in the world of event planning, there’s still nothing like a traditional, plated meal. Here are a few reasons we love the old-fashioned approach:
● Luxury — Guests will feel like royalty as beautiful, complete dishes are presented to them.
● More time on your hands — Guests will have more time to talk and enjoy festivities or networking as food is served in one go. No lines to stand in means more time to work or party!
● Celebratory feel — If you’re looking for that “Real wedding feeling” or a “formal dinner with colleagues”, nothing takes you there like a gorgeous plate of food in an aptly decorated space.
What to Watch for When Planning your Formal Dinner
There can, of course, be drawbacks to any type of meal service. When planning a sit-down dinner wedding reception or a sit-down lunch to celebrate a company event, you’ll need to factor is a few potential problems. Luckily, we here at Big Flavours have solutions ready-made for you!
1. You need to hire more staff for plating and passing out dishes to your guests. You can avoid these costs by asking family members or colleagues to assist us in setting up and distributing plates, or have a grab-and-go station where plated dishes are passed out to guests as they take their seats.
2. Pre-selected meals mean some guests won’t like what they get. While it may be impossible to please every guest, Big Flavours delicious sit-down menu makes it easier than ever. Choose alternate drop options wherein you can choose two dishes which are served alternately to each guest. You can even customise your own menu to include allowances for dietary restrictions or cultural observances. Still worried that someone won’t like the food? Consider ordering a small supplement of basic soups, salads and breads for picky guests to nosh on while dinner is served.
Need more information on pulling off the perfect plated meal service? Contact us for more tips, tricks and to learn how we can give you and your guests the customised lunch or dinner!